14 January 2008

Latics Rumour Round-Up: Jan 14th 2008

Steve Bruce is apparently going to stump up 5 million quid for Reading's want-away striker Leroy Lita. That's if you can believe anything the News Of The World says...


Along with Reading and Birmingham City, Latics are supposedly chasing Rennes Swedish international, Erik Edman. As Edman will be a free agent in the summer, Rennes will be keen to cash in during the transfer window.

Glasgow Rangers' Daniel Cousin is on the market for £3million. FansFC have reported this tenuous link.

Ex-Latic Jason Roberts is another player linked with The Blues. Apparently frustrated with his lack of first team action at Ewood Park, he's eyeing up Antoine Sibierski's spot as Heskey's strike partner.

Speaking of Antoine Sibierski, he's turned down an offer from his first ever club, Lille. "Lille contacted me three weeks ago to ask me if I wanted to get back to France," said Sibierski.

"I told them 'no' straight away, I don't want to go back to France. My family are happy living in Manchester and I'm very happy at Wigan."

Having fallen out of favour with Alex McLeish at Birmingham, Steve Bruce is reportedly interested in signing Olivier Kapo for the same fee he paid Juventus whilst in charge of Birmingham: £3million.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a round-up. It's better than trawling all the sites for info.