25 January 2008

Lanzaat Sold

Wigan Athletic midfielder Denny Landzaat has moved to Rotterdam club Feyenoord today for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be up to £1million).

Feyenoord general manager Peter Bosz said: "We are delighted to have been able to add another player of this calibre to our squad. In our view, Denny is the kind of player this team needs right now."

Steve Bruce was philosophical about the departure, stating: "I said I didn't particularly want to lose any other players this January

“He has done well for me. But sometimes in football, you have to make difficult decisions and when the offer came in, it was one we decided to accept. He leaves with all our good wishes."

Landzaat flew to Holland late yesterday to thrash out personal terms after the offer from Feyenoord was accepted by Latics.

Landzaat was full of praise for the Latics faithful: "I'd just like to thank the Wigan fans because they have always been good to me. I'm confident the team will do well and survive this season” he said.

No comments: