11 July 2007

Latics Sell McCulloch and Hope to Sign Marlon

Lee McCulloch has completed his transfer to Glasgow Rangers and has signed a four year deal after holding talks yesterday..


The agreed fee is undisclosed, but is widely touted around the internet to be between £2-2.5 million.
"I'm delighted to be coming to such a massive club, a club with ambition and a club with tradition," said McCulloch,

"It really is brilliant and one of the best days of my life. I'm here to play for the badge. I had hoped I would get the move in January but Wigan wouldn't budge. But that's all in the past now because the most important thing is that I have signed here now,"

"Walter Smith and Ally McCoist were great with me during their period with Scotland and the fact they wanted to bring me here is fantastic."

Meanwhile, Latics boss Chris Hutchings hopes chairman Dave Whelan's comments about the Carlos Tevez affair will not affect his plans to acquire the services of Hammers forward Marlon Harewood.

"What happened is in the past, you can't look back" said Hutchings.

"We've shown an interest in Marlon and that is ongoing".

No comments: