10 July 2007

Kool Kool Koumas Signs for Latics..

Wigan Athletic finally got their man today. Securing the signing of 27yr old Welsh International Jason Koumas for a fee reported to be around £5.3 million.

Koumas is now new manager Chris Hutchings sixth signing of the summer and all seems to be going well on the intake front at the JJB. The former West Brom ace completed his move from The Baggies to Wigan today after what appears to be a rather drawn out saga between the two clubs after West Brom appeared to be trying to make the most of cashing in on the Koumas deal.

After Wigan's lofty bid was accepted, Koumas jumped at the chance to sign and is looking to repay Chris Hutchings' faith in him. "I'm delighted it's all done now and I can look forward to playing in the Premiership," he told Sky Sports News. "It's where I've wanted to be for a while so I can prove what I can do. It's all about playing in the Premiership.
"I'm at an age now where I need to be playing there. Wigan have given me the chance to come here and do well.
"Wigan is a great move for me. They've paid a lot of money for me, so I can't wait to get started and repay the faith the manager has shown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

�5.3 million for Jason Koumas?!? hahahaha. you silly bunch of chimps. you've been had - big time!

Anonymous said...

Remaining anonymous eh? You big hard bastard.